It's been a wild few weeks of non-stop gathering of information to bring my mom up to Crescent City from Southern CA.
We originally thought we would put a MFG Home on our property...
Several weeks later after dealing with City Hall and with workman giving us many quotes we realized that it was more expensive and a bigger task then we ever thought.
So onto Plan "B"
"What if we got a new MFG Home and placed it in a nice mobile home community". Sounds good! Easier, right? Well, we have more homework to do...
Come to find out - the different parks have different by-laws that adds additional costs to the bottom line.
We do have a budget after all...
1. Find the right sized unit at the right price.
2. Get quote for the building blocks under the unit and its tie-downs.
3. Skirting (which needs to be painted the same color as the coach.)
4. Storage Shed.
5. Awning and carport.
6. Access way of pavement or gravel.
7. Design plan for landscaping (!) What??
8. Window treatments and carpet upgrades.
You can see how all this adds up.
More quotes next week.
Needless to say, we are exhausted and looking forward to having it all done.
We look forward to having my Mom up here near us and look forward to
when she is settled in and playing Bingo again!