I made this last night
it is over-the-top delicious!
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 2 Tbls. organic butter or ghee
(I do not use any dairy so I used coconut oil.)
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 3 Tbls. extra virgin olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 green onions, diced
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- Juice from one lemon
- 3 Tbls. capers
- Butterfly the chicken breasts by cutting in half lengthwise.
- Place the butterflied chicken between two pieces of parchment (or Saranwrap) and with the flat side of a mallet, gently pound the chicken until the meat is approximately 1/4 inch thick.
- Cut the pounded chicken in half - salt and pepper both sides.
- In a large saute pan heat the butter (coconut oil) over medium- high heat. Cook chicken 3-5 minutes each side until no longer pink but still tender.
- Remove chicken and set aside. In the same pan add extra virgin oil oil, garlic and onion. Using a wooden spoon quickly saute for two minutes scraping off the chicken drippings from the bottom of the pan.
- Add wine, chicken stock, lemon juice and capers and bring to a simmer for 3-5 minutes.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and serve immediately.