- 2 c. whole almonds
- 1/4 cup of honey (add more if needed to make sure they are all generously coated)
- 2 Tbl. cinnamon (+ or - according to your taste)
- salt to taste
Combine almonds, honey and cinnamon and stir to thoroughly coat, spread almonds on a greased baking sheet. Sprinkle very lightly with salt. Cook at 200 degrees forone hour, until they have become slightly tacky and the almonds have roasted. Cool, break apart, serve.
Store in air-tight container
A few notes:
- Make sure to grease the surface of the pan (or foil) otherwise the honey will
harden and stick.
- Halfway though I took a taste test and added more salt and cinnamon and
re-toss the almonds.
- The almonds will clump together like brittle, you'll have to snap them apart.
- It's a great nibble as is or add to a salad or other dishes!