- 2 Tbl olive oil, or 2 Tbl coconut oil.
- 1 Tlb Cajun powder (can't find? Here are the ingredients)
- 2 pound boneless chicken breasts cut into bite-size pieces.
- 3/4 lb andouille sausage, cut into ¼ inch thick slices (one package).
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 1 large bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced crushed.
- 1 14.5 oz can crushed or diced tomatoes, un-drained
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp filé powder
- 2 cups chicken stock
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Heat l Tbl of oil in a large heavy pot over medium heat.
- Keeping the sausage and chicken separate from another, toss both with Cajun seasoning* to coat. sauté the sausage until brown, remove with a slotted spoon - set aside.
- Add 1 Tbl of oil, and sauté chicken until brown on all sides, remove with a slotted spoon - set aside.
- In same pot, sauté onion, bell pepper, celery and garlic until tender.
- Stir in tomatoes , season with red pepper, black pepper, celery salt, Worcestershire sauce and filé powder. Stir in chicken and sausage.
- Cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Stir in chicken broth. Bring to a boil, reduced heat, and simmer for 25 to 30 minutes, or until liquid is slightly reduced.
- Serve with cauliflower rice