Ingredients - nothing is absolute - mix and match!
- 1 Medium Avocado, 1/4" sliced
- 1/2 medium mango (I used cooked yam), 1/2" sliced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, thinly sliced lengthwise.
- 2-3 scallions, green tops only, thinly sliced lengthwise.
- 1 Medium Cucumber, thinly sliced lengthwise.
- 1/4 jicama, thinly sliced lengthwise (I used zucchini)
- Protein - shrimp, chicken or leftovers, thinly sliced lengthwise.
- 4 sheets of nori
- Optional wasbi sauce , and non-soy sauce such as coconut aminos.
My Assembly instructions - the book is more specific.
- Lay nori, shinny side down, on sushi rolling mat or heavy construction paper.
- Leave 1-inch strip of bare nori on the side closest to you.
- Avocado: use the back of a spoon to spread the avocado across the surface of the nori. It doesn't need to cover completely - just enough to help seal the roll and soften the nori.
- I just put strips of each ingredient across the width of the nori.
- Time to roll:
Starting at the end closest to you, take a deep breath and roll the sushi, using the mat to help you tuck the ingredients into a roll. When you get to the end, give it a gentle squeeze to help the avocado do it's job. Repeat.