Making on St. Patrick's day!
- 6 ounces leftover steak or roast beef, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup leftover cooked sweet potato, diced
- 1/2 small onion, finely diced
- 1/2 cup diced pickled beets
- 3 tablespoons ghee, divided
- 3 large eggs
- Melt two tablespoons of the ghee in a 12″ skillet or sauté pan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring frequently, until soft, about 3 or 4 minutes. Increase the heat to medium-high; add the beef and sweet potato and cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through and beginning to brown slightly.
- Reduce the heat slightly and stir in the beets. Press down on the mixture with a spatula, forming a large pancake, and cook until well-browned on the bottom. Flip and cook for a minute or two more, again pressing down with the spatula. Remove from the heat and keep warm.
- Melt the remaining tablespoon of ghee in another skillet over medium heat; break the eggs into the skillet and cook until the whites are set; carefully flip the eggs over, taking care not to break them. Cook for another 30 seconds and remove from the heat.
- Divide the hash between three dishes and top each with one over-easy egg. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
Thank you to Jan's Sushi Bar for this great recipe!!