Roasted Root Vegetables
"A beautiful, colorful dish that tastes just as good, if not better!"
- 5 small beets, peeled and quartered
- 2 parsnips, halved and cut into 1" pieces
- 1 yam cut into 1" pieces
- 2 carrots, cut into 1" rounds
- 1 red onion, halved and thickly sliced
- 1 bulb garlic, cloves removed and peeled
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 cup fresh basil, diced
- Zest of one lemon
- Sea salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- In a large mixing bowl toss all the vegetables together, including whole garlic cloves, with the oil, basil, lemon zest and sea salt.
- Roast for 45-50 minutes, stirring occasionally during the cooking process.